Our Father’s Business
There’s a complicated relationship between success and significance. We think the first will lead to the second. But apart from God’s will, our ambitions for success will always fall short. Jason Brown was the highest-paid Center in the NFL, enjoying the fruits of worldly success, when he received a surprising job offer from an unlikely coach: Jesus. Now the owner of First Fruits Farm, Jason spends his days working in His Father’s business, living out a fourfold focus on faithfulness, family, relationships, and the gospel.
About Jason Brown
Jason Brown walked away from a successful NFL career to answer God’s call to establish First Fruits Farm, a hunger relief organization in North Carolina. Over the past ten years, the farm has grown, harvested, and donated over one million pounds of food to needy families throughout the Carolinas. They host more than 50 weddings annually in their historic dairy barn and 100,000+ attendees at their annual hot air balloon festival.
Jason considers his most important role in life to be that of loving and leading his wife, Tay, of nineteen years, and his eight children.
Jason in the News
- C12 Business Forums on YouTube: “From Fame and Fortune to Fruit and Flourishing”
- Modern Farmer: From NFL Stardom to Family Farming
- Growing a Greener World: Episode 908 -Trading Cleats for Beets: From Football to Farming for Jason Brown
- Macon County News: Former NFL player shares his story of First Fruits Farm ministry
- ABC 11 News: ‘In God there is no failure’: The leap of faith a millionaire NFL star took that landed him on a farm in NC
First Fruits Farm